Justice Action has accomplished a lot during 2020 that we are proud of, let’s rewind and look at a few of our outstanding achievements:
- Computer tablets into five prisons with all prisoners having them in their cells, connected to the internet with whitelisted websites and with a phone
Deaths in custody national national database proposal and working through AUSTLII
- Negotiation for best practice in safe restraint
- Stopped the forced medication of Kerry O’Malley, and moving onto a national campaign changing the rules of the gatekeepers
- Prisoner education negotiated with four universities
- OPCAT negotiations to hold a place for detainees on the Working Group, stop strip searching and solitary confinement
Thanks to wonderful support throughout the year, we made great strides. Meet the teams that made it all happen in the video below!