The 2021 year has been very successful despite all the disturbances.
* Lobbied for a National Database into Deaths in Custody
* Published a Report condemning forced medication on vulnerable individuals as a breach of the Optional Protocol for the Convention Against Torture
* Initiated legal proceedings to challenge governments’ entitlement to hold people in prisons in breach of COVID-19 Public Health Orders
* Expanded the voices of detainees through the Australian Prisoners Union to monitor conditions as a standing right
* Pursued the rollout of computers in cells allowing prisoners access to communication, online services such as rehabilitation, education etc
* Recidivism proposal for ACT and generally working with the Community Justice Coalition